Different types of electrical needs are fulfilled with the help of a variety of transformers. While all of them function on the same characteristic principle, they differ in their electrical properties or construction which is specific for certain circuits and installation requirements.
Variable Auto transformer and Dry Type Transformers are two of the most common types of transformers. Let us have a look at where these transformers can be used.
Variable Auto Transformer
Variable auto transformers offer different amounts of voltage from a single input voltage. A common winding part is used by all the circuits, and they are commonly controlled with the help of dials. Variable auto transformers are generally used for low-voltage requirements.
• Control the speed of an electric motor;
• Light dimmers;
• Conducting tests on electrical equipment's;
• Controlling heat n furnaces, ovens, etc.
• Calibrating and testing ammeters, voltmeters, etc.;
• Darkrooms and photography studios;
• Controlling electroplating rectifiers, etc.
Dry Type Transformers
Transformers change the voltage dynamically. And many times, this change involves high voltages being minimized to very low voltages. For instance, from 500kV to 30kV. For such applications where voltage change requirements are so high, Dry Type Transformers are used.
• Light manufacturing units;
• Improve the mechanical strength of an electrical device;
• Nuclear plants;
• Cranes and offshore platforms;
• Mining industry;
• Food-manufacturing units, etc.
It is very important to use the right type of transformer to ensure optimal functioning of the electrical device or components. Moreover, the right type of transformer will also improve the reliability and safety of the device.
Servokon System is a leading Variable Auto transformer and Dry Type Transformer manufacturer. They also manufacture many other types of transformers for varied domestic and industrial uses. Known for their quality products, they have made a name for themselves when it comes to transformers.